Thursday, March 24, 2011

Entry #34 - Always a Bridesmaid, Never a Bore


Dear Diary,
      In contrast to what people might believe, I love weddings. That's right, I, Hannah, dedicated spinster and connoisseur of rejection, love nothing more than attending ceremonies dedicated to successful relationships.

I know what you're thinking...you're thinking to yourself that a spinster attending a wedding is sort of like someone who struggles with infertility attending a baby shower; a little sad, awkward, and perhaps slightly masochistic.  To which I SAY...possibly. Yet, celebrating love is always in fashion in my mind; that and I NEVER turn down an opportunity to wear a party dress. Ever.

I have been a bridesmaid/maid-of-honour at three weddings and I'm not going to lie, I did a super job. As you can see in the pictures above I am consistently serene and extremely photogenic. I never embarrass myself by laughing at inappropriate times and I always make heartwarming speeches that contain no sarcasm whatsoever. I would certainly never consider taking brazen advantage of the fact that there are men in sailor uniforms at your wedding, nor will the zipper on my dress break at the last second requiring the photographer to sew the dress closed on my body (foreshadowing?).

Long story short, I am always a bridesmaid, but never a bore.

No comments:

Post a Comment